Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beauty in our days


Lifegiving: what are some things I can do to bring life to my family?

Beautiful words - The most important thing is words. Proverbs 18:21- Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Only kind words should come out of my mouth. Skip the words spoken in anger, skip words that belittle or pick. I should be encouraging and uplifting to Ben and the kids.

Beauty into our minds - books and movies, stories, art... I think these are the things our minds dwell on and daydream about. Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life (In Hebrew the word translated heart stands for inner man or mind) - I also want my kids to notice and appreciate the beauty and creativity of God in people's creations.

Beautiful memories - It is important to mark the time passing. I like to recognize the passing seasons.  I think traditions ground you, give you a place for your mind to land, helps memories to stick. I want to make special days special, something out of the ordinary.

Beautiful order - Orderliness is beautiful. Our minds can rest when we are in order. Ordered belongings, ordered schedule/routine, ordered surroundings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Thank you! That is really encouraging.

    ReplyDelete